J’OUVERT MASQUERADER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms are governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and constitute a binding agreement between the Masquerader and Epic Experience Limited (MAD J’Ouvert) during the entirety of the J’Ouvert 2023 celebration on Monday 20th February 2023. Please carefully read the terms and conditions before completing your registration.
By completing your J’Ouvert registration, the Masquerader gives their irrevocable consent and agrees to:-
- Enter all registration data accurately. The band will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies in the information you have provided.
- Collect the J’Ouvert costume package on the designated collection date. By sharing your unique barcode with someone, you authorize that person to collect your J’Ouvert costume pacakge on your behalf. The band will not be held responsible for any arrangements made between you and the person authorized to collect your costume.
- Pay for the J’Ouvert costume package in full before the designated collection date.
- Wear the wristband received as part of the J’Ouvert costume package throughout the duration of the J’Ouvert period.
- Take all necessary and reasonable steps to ensure your personal safety during the J’Ouvert Period.
- Ensure that your personal belongings are at all times safely stored as MAD J’Ouvert will in no circumstances offer compensation to you for any item lost during the J’Ouvert period.
- Allow MAD J’Ouvert for entertainment purposes and commercial/financial gain to capture various photographic images and video footage of you with or without other persons for the purposes of advertisements and other promotional ventures of MAD J’Ouvert. For these purposes the Masquerader irrevocably grants to MAD J’Ouvert the right to exploit their image, likeness, voice and other attributes of your person during the Carnival 2023 celebrations and to allow MAD J’Ouvert to videotape, film, portray, photograph and otherwise record you and your actions and record your voice and other sound effects in connection with the J’Ouvert 2023 celebrations.
- Allow all copyright and all rights associated with your attributes (whether by yourself or with others), which are not exhaustively referred to at Clause (g) above (“the Material”), to be the sole and exclusive property of MAD J’Ouvert to be used, broadcasted, exhibited, distributed, advertised, publicized, promoted or otherwise exploited by such means and for such purposes (including without limitation merchandising, and commercial and non-commercial publishing) in any and all media.
- Allow the Material to be edited, cut, rearranged, adapted, dubbed or otherwise revised or modified for any such purposes by MAD J’Ouvert in its sole discretion and the Masquerader agrees that any exploitation of the Material will not entitle you to any compensation or benefit (whether monetary or otherwise).
- Follow all of the MAD J’Ouvert ‘s directions and instructions and failure to do so will result in you being disallowed from further participation with no compensation. Further any injury and or loss occasioned to you as a consequence of your disobedience and no negligence will result in any and all of your claims being disallowed.
- You agree that all valid claims of loss and or injury must be made before 9a.m. on THURSDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2020. MAD J’Ouvert will not entertain any claims made thereafter.
- To hold MAD J’Ouvert harmless for any injury (perceivable or real) to your reputation suffered from any and all Material used.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that you are in good physical, emotional, psychological and mental health, and are physically and mentally capable of participating in J’Ouvert celebrations.
- You will be solely liable and agree to refrain at all times from all forms of violence against and intimidation of other masqueraders, of any employees, agents or other representatives of MAD J’Ouvert and of any other person.
- MAD J’Ouvert shall not be held liable for any claims for personal injuries and or loss.
NO REFUND AND OR EXCHANGES ARE ALLOWED ONCE A J’OUERT COSTUME PACKAGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED UNLESS DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE IN WHICH CASE THIS MUST BE DONE WITHIN 24 HOURS. NO SIZE EXCHANGES WILL BE FACILITATED. MAD J’OUVERT WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THEFT, FRAUD, DAMAGES OR LOSSES INCURRED ONCE THE J’OUVERT COSTUMER PACKAGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED. COSTUMES REMAIN THE PROPORTY OF THE BAND UNTIL PAID FOR IN FULL AND COLLECTED.